Saturday, July 19, 2008

It is Saturday, July 19

It is Saturday, July 19 and the number of hours is dwindling until Chrissy is leaving.

We are enjoying ourselves together, and we are having a lot of fun doing things. Since Chrissy posted the last posting about the engagement (I will add my thoughts later about the engagement), I want to talk about what we have been doing since then.

On Wednesday, we had our engagement pictures taken at a friend of the family's studio. She showed us a few pictures and they look great. We won't have the pictures until sometime in August as we decide which ones we want. After our pictures, we went out to get a bite to eat and then we went to do some go karts and bumper boats. The bumper boats was Chrissy's idea (I rather do the go karts), so I took advantage of the water guns that are on the boat and I drenched her with water (her facial expression was priceless - and I wish I had a camera available to take pictures).

On Thursday, Chrissy and I did some wedding shopping looking at the tuxedos and bridesmaid dresses. We have our colors picked out, and the men's tuxedo's are picked out. Thank God the process of choosing the men's is an easy one. For the ladies, Chrissy and I found brides-maids dresses that we both liked and we are trying to find a way to rent them instead of buying the dresses. After we finished our shopping, Chrissy and I did some errands and I had to head home for her to get ready for a ladies night at church. While Chrissy was at the ladies event, I had the privilege of babysitting an eight year old boy. I had a lot of fun with him. His mother made us dinner, and after we ate we cleaned the kitchen and put in a video afterwards.

On Friday, Chrissy and I went downtown to do some sightseeing in the city and we ate at Bottom's Up pizza. After the sightseeing, we went to Belle's Island to sit on the rocks and put our feet in the water. We headed home to get ready for our dinner with Josh and Laura. We had a great time of fellowship, and Chrissy was able to meet a good friend of mine and his wife.

P.S. The list of "Thirty Reasons Why I Love Chrissy" is posted (please read below).

Pictures will be posted soon.




No comments: